An attendee or your customers can claim their NFT from the ticketing application in two ways:
- By entering their NFT wallet’s public address into their profile details when purchasing a ticket
- By entering their wallet address into their profile on the ticketing mobile application. This is found under the settings cog in the top right of the app & then ‘Claim my tickets as NFTs’.
When are NFT Tickets distributed?
As soon as a person enters their wallet address into the GET Protocol system through the above methods, their NFT will be distributed to their wallet.
This can occur before the event or after - it doesn’t matter when the person enters their wallet address. That being said, in order to keep the NFT, the ticket buyer will have to get their ticket scanned at the event - this acts as a ‘Proof of Attendance’ which guarantees you as an event organiser or creator, that your NFT holders have been to your events.
- NFTs are distributed as soon as a wallet address is entered into the GET Protocol system.
- If the user enters their wallet address into the system before attending the event, their NFT will be distributed to their wallet - but they will need their ticket scanned at the event to keep it.
- If the user enters their wallet address into the system post-event, then their NFT will be distributed and they are free to trade the NFT however they please.
What about Education around NFT claiming?
GET Protocol has open educational guidance on claiming an NFT or ‘Digital Collectible’ which is available here:
That’s it for the NFT Ticket claiming process! Head back to the main guide to continue the series.