You want to get started with your very first sale and you want to collect all the information. That is why we have written this checklist for you.
If you have previously organised an event via this system, not all points in this checklist are relevant to you. Then go to this checklist.
You can choose from Stripe or Mollie. Read here all about the 2 PSP's.
- Create your own PSP account
- Copy your API key, it must be added to the dashboard. Read more here.
Your ticketeer creates the organisation for you and there are a few things that you still have to arrange yourself. These are all the settings under your organisation.
- Privacy statement in PDF
- Terms and Conditions in PDF
- Who do you give access to your dashboard and in what way (Read more here)
- What information you want to request from attendees (Read more here)
Everything under the 'Manage' tab. Click here for more information.
- Title (and subtitle)
- Location (address)
- Date and times (start and end time)
- Cover photo: Landscape. PNG or JPG file type. Minimum 640x480 resolution - but 10MB max.
- Marketing text about event (max 1500 characters)
- Text for the confirmation email (max 1000 characters)
Location data (Unplaced event)
In case of an unplaced event, there are free standing and seats. We work with pools to ensure the maximum capacity.
- Your pools + capacity per pool
- Blocks (if needed)
Location data (Seated event)
Your seatingmap and visual floorplan are built by the GET Protocol development team. They need 6 days to build the floorplans including 1 adjustment*, from the moment the information below is received. After your floorplan is created we give you access to the floorplan through the dashboard and you can setup your event.
* The 6 days are only possible if you respond with your feedback within 1 working day after the first version of your floorplan has been delivered. Every day that you respond later will be added to the 6 working days. If an additional adjustment has to be made after the delivery of the floorplan, it will take 3 extra working days.
- Row and seat numbers, shown in a seatingmap
- Entrances to be shown per row/seat
- Ranks or sections **
- Capacity (amount of seats per rank/section)
- Wheelchairs and the rules of sales, for example: do seats need to be removed from the hall if a wheelchair place is sold?
** If you only have 1 rank, you may want attendees to have a choice of different sections, such as 'downstairs' and 'balcony'. You have to write this down as well.
Ticket and shop details
It is possible to create multiple shops. For example: a shop for regular sales and a shop for presale where sales open earlier. The following information is required per desired shop:
- Tickettype (single, combination tickets, group tickets, upsells, read more here)
- Name ticket (viewable by attendee)
- Ticket description (optional)
- Prices (including price structure and VAT)
- How many tickets are attendees allowed to purchase in total per shop?
- Start and end time sales
Contact details for support
Check with your ticketeer who will handle the support questions from endusers.
If your ticketeer handles most of your support questions, they may need help or have to forward a customer to you, as it is not a ticketing question. Therefore, provide contact details to your ticketeer (e-mail address or form on a website) to which they may refer the customer.
Appointment with your ticketeer
We recommend to schedule an (online) appointment within 3 working days after receiving the signed contract, and set up the entire event together. If you have all the information complete, it is theoretically possible to go on sale the same day. In practice we often see that information is still missing or that the event needs to be checked by others and that going live with the sale 6 working days after signing the contracts is feasible. In the case of a seated event, 6 working days are added to build the floorplan.
After the first appointment you can get started in the dashboard, and in the future you can create events and put them up for sale.
If the GUTS service employees are going to set up the event for you, please take a maximum of 3 working days into account. If a floor plan has to be built, time will add up, as the event only can be set up when the floor plan is complete.
Notify your tickteer of your first sale, this way we can monitor and make sure everything goes well.
In the future, you only need to notify your ticketeer in the event of a major sale (at least 2 weeks up front), read more here.